Talk about a long break! 15 months is a long time! A lot can happen in 15 months! And it has! Read on...
First of all, Nat became a teenager! YIKES!! He's 13 now...he'll be 14 in just over 2 months from now...and yes, the kid is interested in girls...well, one girl in particular (she's really cute too, and friendly, and respectful....if he were ALLOWED to date I'd say she was a great choice! LOL!).
He actually asked Ja and I if he was "allowed" to like girls...Jason responded with something to the effect of liking girls being "better than the alternative" and quickly being followed with the rules on dating in our house! LOL! I, on the other hand, took the opportunity to show him that dating isn't all moonlight and roses and displayed for him a taste of dating and the drama that comes along with it...Here's what our conversation sounded like....
So I asked him, "Do you REALLY want to get into something like that?!" His very quick response was, "Is it REALLY like that?! Nope, no thanks! I don't think I want to get involved if that's what it's gonna be like..." Score one for mom! LOL!
He has since told some of his friends that it doesn't make sense to have a girlfriend at their age...he said, "What happens if you end up going to a different school? Then you are separated...what's the point?" Score two for mom! LOL!

Kris turned 12 and is nowhere near the teen issues that we are facing with Nat, thank GOD!! He did however have an exciting, albeit painful, experience to share... He and Nat went to Kris's friend Stirling's grandparents' farm in September to help with harvesting the rather large garden. When they were done they were allowed to go horseback riding on the grandparents' miniature horses. When Kris was getting onto his horse Nat thought it would be funny to slap the horse's behind. Well...the horse naturally flipped out and threw Kris off. In the commotion the second horse got spooked and ran...right over Kris. Without even thinking, Kris quickly jumped up to avoid being trampled AGAIN. Kris's shirt got ripped from the horse's hoof and so did his back...he now has an "S" shaped scar down the full length of his spine.
When they got home the boys told me what happened. I flipped out because first of all, he should NEVER have jumped up after being trampled by a horse - he could have been paralyzed from any damage that could have been done, and second, he needed to see a doctor immediately to determine if there WERE any fractures! We took him to emergency and he was cleared with no fractures and released to go home. He has been seeing the chiropractor ever since. The chiropractor actually told me that he had significant bruising on his spine and some ribs out of place! Poor kid.

I went back to school in February 2008...I did really well on all my classes and in practicum as well. We finished practicum in May and on June 15th I found out that I was pregnant! It was the best announcement that I've ever made and it happened the way I'd always dreamed of it happening!

It was June 15th and we were having a Klisowsky Family Celebration....for Kris's birthday, my birthday, Grandma's birthday, Papa's birthday, Father's Day, and Grandma and Papa's anniversary...so it was an important day already. I ran out to Safeway to get some last minute groceries before everyone arrived. As I passed the pharmacy department I decided that I was going to buy a pregnancy test, since I was feeling a little on the strange side...the kind of strange that I've experienced three times before... So I bought the test. By the time I got home most of the family had arrived so I dropped the bags in the kitchen and excused myself for a moment. I did the test and it said positive. I was floored! I called Jason upstairs to show him. He told me to take the test downstairs and show it to his mom to see her reaction. When I got downstairs she was holding a sleeping Mercy so I held it up for her to see. She stared at it like she'd never seen one before (I actually don't think she had) and after examining it for a moment she realized what she was looking at and got super excited! So we announced it to the entire Klisowsky family at once and BOTH my sisters-in-law said that they wondered and were going to say something about my middle looking a little on the chubby side! Thanks ladies! ;)
Anyway, I saw the doctor the next day and she scheduled an ultrasound immediately (two days later, actually) where they determined my due date as being February 7th, 2009 (which they eventually changed to February 3rd).
[the photo below was actually taken at 24 weeks...at the 3rd of my 5 ultrasounds!]

I decided that I needed to look seriously at whether or not I'd be able to finish school. Since my due date was the last part of semester 3, with no practicum I considered switching to the online program so I could continue my studies without worrying about missing any classes. I asked about the online program and found out that I could switch over if I wanted, so I asked GDI (my sponsor) if the switch would affect my sponsorship and they said no so I went ahead and made the change. I went back to school and did my practicum in the beginning of September and when it was over we had a week off, then back to classes.
On the day classes started I got an email from GDI that said they were sorry for the misunderstanding but they were unable to sponsor me if I was in an online program, I had to be physically on campus, in a classroom, full time in order to qualify. I then had to decide in ONE DAY what I was going to do. Without their help we couldn't afford for me to do classes AND have Mercy in the daycare (and I couldn't do classes with her at home with me) SOOOOOOOO...I withdrew from the program. I was very disappointed and I actually cried when I took her out of daycare, but I was happy to have the time alone with Mercy before the baby came.
Mercy is so much fun! I don't have any real major milestones to share (unless you want to hear about potty training...) but I do want to say that she is a very thoughtful, empathetic, loving and downright funny person and I am very VERY proud that she is my daughter!

Anyway, Philip Jason Samuel Klisowsky arrived 9 days early on January 25th, weighing 7 lbs 8 oz and measuring in at 19.5" in length. (I guess they call it length because they aren't standing up so they can't really call it height...)
He's three weeks and three days old today...and it has been an eventful three weeks! It is truly amazing how, after only having him in our family for three and a half weeks, I could not imagine my life without this beautiful little boy! Who, by the way, smiled at me for the very first time today! He has dimples! YAY!

1 comment:
I can't believe how much alike the older boys look when you see their pics next to each other. I am curious to see how much Phillip looks like either them or Mercy Buckets...
Post a Comment