Two weeks ago, on Friday February 27th, Mercy had dental surgery. Here are some photos of her BEFORE she went in...I didn't get any at the hospital AFTER her surgery...I thought she would be upset at me for taking photos of her when she was so unhappy!
Jason and Mercy kept busy for the first hour or so (of our 3 hour wait) by coloring...



This was just before a little boy 1/2 Mercy's age but 1-1/2 times her size joined them...The little boy was clearly not used to attention 'cause he was extremely "in your face" and wouldn't leave Jason alone. After Jason and Mercy left the table (because he kept taking Mercy's coloring book and whatever crayon she was using at the time) he started "sharing" the puzzles - ALL OF THEM - piece by piece, into a bucket then dumped onto Jason's lap. It irked me that the kid's parents were too busy having coffee and chatting to even LOOK at their son. Jason was getting a little bugged (but of course he didn't show it). Then the parents got irritated with us after the nurse came and asked who dumped the crayons all over the floor and we told her that he had done it...she made the parents come and clean up after their son! It was good that she made them responsible, but the parents sat there with attitude for the rest of the morning.They had to do something to every tooth on the top, and 4 on the bottom...but no root work, thank goodness! Now Mercy has beautiful teeth, and 4 silver caps. Since they are actually called "crowns" I tell her she's EXTRA special because she is a princess with four crowns instead of only one!

1 comment:
nice...three hour wait...
I would have said something to the parents...I hate when you are in hospital and parents ignore their kids. You wouldn't believe how often it happens...
Post a Comment