

This is my little Mercy's hand holding my finger.
Aren't baby hands so amazing? I could sit and watch hers for hours. I especially love the little dimples on their knuckles once they begin to develop some chub!
Here she is again......a precious gift from God, just waiting to be opened...
She's actually a gift that my husband and I waited 5 years to open!
The doctors were saying that they couldn't understand it, we were both capable of having children but it just wasn't working "together" and the specialist suggested IVF treatments. (IVF=InVitro Fertilization - this treatment costs a minimum of $7,000 per cycle!) I really believed that the Lord had promised her to us so I told the specialist that it was obviously not God's timing yet and so we'd just wait on Him as He had promised us a child. The specialist thought I was crazy, I'm sure, as he very patronizingly said, "Ok, you just go ahead and wait..." and he booked us into the lab in Saskatoon anyway. Well, once the lab contacted us I let them know to cancel us from their list because we were waiting for God's timing.
Wouldn't you know it? Within 4 months we conceived on our own! What a moment it was when we went to the same specialist's clinic for an ultrasound to "date" my pregnancy and I ran into him in the hall! He asked, "What are you doing here?" And when I replied with, "I'm here for an ultrasound to find out how far along I am in my pregnancy!" He replied with a sheepish, "Congratulations."Praise the Lord! Isn't she beautiful?!

No comments:
Post a Comment